Governments globally are implementing policies that demand greater financial transparency, while seeking greater tax revenues. Therefore, for the business it is not easy to stay compliant.
We provide skilled and experienced advice to clients at every stage of the tax controversy process, from pre-audit planning to the audit/inspection process and, if necessary, before the courts.
Our tax team is jointly headed by both legal, tax and accounting experts, ensuring together the most appropriate combination of legal, fiscal and financial background.
We represent and successfully defend clients in all phases of tax disputes. In collaboration with our associated tax firm, MKA Finance, we can lead a team of accounting, tax and legal specialist to efficiently and effectively design, implement and defend the tax strategies of our clients.
Our tax specialists possess significant experience in both Bulgarian and international Tax Law matters and advice important local and international entities, institutions and individuals on the taxation and tax planning implication issues arising in the course of their business.
Together with our tax and accounting consultants specialist we can provide a wide range of the following services:
- business tax structuring
- M&A due diligence and structuring;
- tax structures for companies’ reorganisations
- corporate and international tax planning involving Bulgarian and foreign entities
- VAT issues in both domestic and international transactions as well as duties and other levies on imported products
- Transfer pricing between associated companies
- VAT and excise duties
- tax assistance on expatriates secondments
- customs law, post-clearance recovery of customs duties
- tax due diligence and audit
- full accounting services, including payroll and financial reporting
- representation in front of Bulgarian fiscal authorities and assistance during disputes involving such authorities
Experience shows that the appropriate tax planning of a business transfer may add high value to the transaction irrespective of whether the transaction involves the transfer of assets or shares, a merger, etc.
We at Innovires have expertise within the provision of tax advisory services on both the financing and completion of the transaction itself and also assist after closing with following up on the tax optimisation opportunities and risks that are often identified during the M&A process.
Our network of tax experts outside Bulgaria allows us to include and manage the considerations on foreign direct and indirect taxes that may be relevant to an M&A process involving foreign activities or participants and other stakeholders as part of the transaction.
The skilled tax team also pays important role when it comes to real estate transactions. We provide tax advice on the selection of buyer structure, tax optimisation and purchase of real estate and planning of optimisation in connection with subsequent sales.
We are aware of the VAT challenges related to any purchase, sale and development/construction of real estate and have advised participants in many major projects.